Thursday, October 18, 2012

Noise Complaints: Part 2

"Hello, my name is _______. I would like to register a nosie complaint for the room above me. They are stomping around and it's 12:15am. Can you send someone up there to ask them to stop?" So, what you're saying is, you would like me to call the RA on duty, who is most likely asleep, to come all the way over the room above you and ask them to stop stomping around when it isn't even affecting them at all? Here's an idea, since you're now awake anyway, how about you be an adult and walk your lazy ass up the one flight of stairs and kindly ask your neighbors to stop. Chances are, they don't even realize that they are being that loud. WE LIVE IN RESIDENCE HALLS. Walls are thin. You need to develop a tolerance to some amounts of noise. Here are some other options for you: buy a fan, turn on some music or your TV, move out, (I prefer the third option). These people seriously need to learn to start taking care of things for themselves, or else the real world is going to swallow them whole. You will not have RAs to take care of your light work in a couple of years.

"Umm, yeah. It's 3am and the people above me are moving furniture around. Ain't nobody got time for that. You need to send someone up there to tell them to stop." First of all, let me take a moment to regain my composure, because your abrupt command damn near knocked me out of this chair. I NEED to send someone up there? Here's what you NEED to do. You NEED to take a Xanax and GET OVER IT. Second of all, I know you did not just quote Sweet Brown over the phone to me at 3am. "Ain't nobody got time for that?" You know what I don't have time for? Residents demanding me to do things that they can easily take care of themselves. I hope you are wearing your big boy pants tonight, because it's 3am, and I happen to be wearing my sassy pants tonight. Next person calling with a noise complaint is getting hung up on. I don't feel sorry for you.

On a completely unrelated note, here's a video of me singing and playing the ukulele! It's the first time I've recorded myself singing and whatnot, so hopefully you like it. If you don't, then I feel sorry for you. Apologies for some pitchy-ness in a couple spots. WHOOPS.

 
 
On an even more unrelated note, I fell off the wagon tonight and re-activated my Netflix account. I was moist as a snack cake when I saw that Season 3 of Glee AND Season 8 of Grey's Anatomy were on there. I just couldn't resist.
 
 
SEE YA NEVER.

1 comment:

  1. That vid was just adorable! & "Moist as a snack cake?" I gotta use that sometime.

    - Jessica Savage

    ReplyDelete